The Muscle-Build.com Blog

Hard Gainer's Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Irregular Training?

I have to let you know that I've been very bad with my training as of late. Between my knee injury flaring up (it's an old, beat up knee with 3 surgeries under its belt) and the whole family being sick (me included), I've worked missed 4 out of my last 6 workouts.

Crummy!

But this begins a new week. My knee feels great and my family is feeling better (though not 100%).

One of the key lessons I've learned over the years, however, is that beating yourself up over missing workouts is usually counterproductive. In short, you tend to get down and feel less motivated to work out, which leads to fewer workouts and even greater depression.

While it's extremely vital that you have a consistent workout schedule in the long-run, it's important that you remember one thing:

Today is another day. You cannot change yesterday. But you can control what happens today, tomorrow, next week, and next year.

It's all within your control.

But you cannot change history.

If you'd like a workout plan that doesn't tie you to the gym every day, try the Hardgainer's Manifesto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment